The campaign to allow medicinal cannabis is growing, following from my tabling of a Greens discussion paper and draft legislation last week. You can read my speech here or email my office to let me know your views.
The ACT will be the only jurisdiction to defy the Abbott Government’s attempt to remove the role of the Commonwealth from environmental protection, with a Bill tabled yesterday which delivers on the Parliamentary Agreement item to maintain an ongoing approvals role for the Federal Government in environment protection matters.
Disappointingly in the Assembly this fortnight, the old parties passed a Bill making it harder for independents and small parties to get elected.
As Greens Minister I recently:
- Launched the new NEXTBUS real-time bus information system
- Launched the new Park and Ride facility for bus and light rail commuters at Gungahlin
- Spoke in support of constitutional recognition for first peoples at the annual ACTCOSS conference
- Opened the new indigenous circle court
Out in the community I recently:
- Opened Greening Australia’s new bush tucker garden
- Attended a fundraiser for National Breast Cancer Foundation organised by Hockey ACT
- Visited participants at the Greens Campaign School