Come along and help us get Rob Simms elected as the State Member for Adelaide and keep Tammy Franks in the Legislative Council!
It's more important than ever to make sure Greens are in every state and territory Parliament around Australia, and South Australia needs our help.
We're looking for 10 keen and experienced phonebankers to help us do solidarity calls into Adelaide on 13 and 15 March, just before the SA State Election on 17 March.
If you're keen enough to come phonebank, why not also join your fellow Greenies for a fun election viewing party for South Australia AND Batman at the Polo on the 17th? Tickets are $10 waged and $5 unwaged, and you can RSVP here.
I have lived in South Australia for most of my life, and in the city of Adelaide for the past three years. I work in the University sector in the CBD, and as an experienced community advocate with a background as a City Councillor and Senator for our great state, I'm passionate about Adelaide's future.
I love living in the city but in recent years I have seen my area change dramatically, as Labor has put the interests of property developers ahead of the community. We need to change planning laws so that residents have a voice in the direction of our neighbourhoods.
We need to invest in public housing and affordable housing, so that more South Australians have an opportunity to own their own home. Housing should be about people, not profit.
Adelaide has the potential to be one of the world's leading green cities. As a City Councillor, I fought for a record investment in greening in the CBD. As your local member of parliament, I'll continue that work and will be a strong voice for renewables, quality bike paths and public transport infrastructure.
It would be honour to stand up for people and our planet, as your member for Adelaide.
What are the big issues in Adelaide:
Keep Adelaide Liveable
- Protect the Parklands and create more greens spaces
- Put people back into planning and protect our community with stricter standards so corporations can’t build big, low quality skyscrapers
- Fight for equal rights for everyone and abolish the homophobic gay panic defense
- Provide a publicly owned renewable energy retailer that will provide affordable clean energy
- Switch to 100% Renewables by 2025 to create green jobs fight climate change and keep energy prices low
Clean, Fast Uncrowded Public Transport
- Invest in more trams to ease overcrowding
- Extend the Tram Network into North Adelaide
- Introducing long term leases and changing the law so renters can have pets
- Invest in affordable housing projects
- Oppose moves to sell off Housing Trust Properties to private developers
- Boost support for rough sleepers and those experiencing homelessness with funding for emergency and public housing
Important note to volunteers:
By RSVPing to this event, you agree to adhere to the ACT Greens Volunteer Code of Conduct and to treat other Greens with respect, to represent the ACT Greens well to the public, and to hold each other to the highest standards of behaviour at all times.
85 Northbourne Ave
Turner, ACT 2612
Google map and directions