Caroline Le Couteur MLA
ACT Greens Member for Murrumbidgee
ACT Greens Spokesperson for Planning, Transport, City Services, Housing and Community Services
Adviser Level 1 Lower – 2nd tier
$64,616 plus relevant allowances and loadings
Caroline Le Couteur MLA, ACT Greens Member of the Legislative Assembly, is seeking capable and motivated applicants for the ongoing position of Office Manager in her Assembly based office.
Particular duties include providing high level administrative support to the Member and office staff; a first point of contact for the office; diary scheduling; constituent liaison; managing correspondence; and co-ordinating event and travel arrangements. The position may include the opportunity to perform policy advice work.
The successful candidate will have strong office administration skills and be a good communicator, with an understanding of parliamentary processes and the ACT political system. Your ability to manage relationships with a range of stakeholders and work with limited supervision in a dynamic team environment will be critical to your success in this role.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies. This is a full-time position, but part-time applicants will be considered.
- Provide high level administrative support to the Member and office staff
- Provide first point of contact for office, including for telephone enquiries and to meet and greet visitors
- Assist in running of the office including answering the office phone and managing emails and correspondence as required
- Manage, co-ordinate and negotiate the Member’s diary scheduling
- Co-ordinate and manage a range of office processes with limited supervision
- Liaise with constituents, Legislative Assembly staff, MLA and Ministers’ offices and other stakeholders as required
- Coordinate Member’s event and travel arrangements and co-ordinate travel arrangements for other staff as required
- Possible capacity for policy advice work
- Apply a demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies
- Other duties as directed.
- Strong office administration skills;
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure; and
- Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems and/or the ACT political system would be an advantage.
Applications due Monday 21st May 2018.
Please send your application including your CV and a short statement against selection criteria to Indra Esguerra at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Indra via email or (02) 6205 8500 for more information.