Applications Close COB Friday 1 December 2017
ACT Greens MLA Caroline Le Couteur is seeking a part time policy advisor to assist with policy advice, speeches, Assembly and committee business and constituent work.
Caroline is the ACT Greens Member for Murrumbidgee. She is also the ACT Greens Spokesperson for Planning, Transport, City Services, Treasury, Housing and Community Services.
The policy adviser will have skills or experience in one or more of the following areas: planning, transport, city services or treasury. Work hours are flexible and the position would suit a tertiary student, someone seeking part- time work or a semi-retired person with relevant skills.
- Develop policy and political advice and initiatives relevant to Member’s portfolio, support Member’s committee and political responsibilities and providing briefings, speeches, social media support and other outputs for Member as required
- Analyse and review complex policy issues
- Liaise with the community and stakeholders and assist with campaign, electorate and constituent activities as required and assist in helping media adviser including responding to media inquiries
- Work closely with other policy advisers, media advisers and the chief of staff to support and provide input into longer term planning, strategy development, and policy review for Member
- Assist in running of the office including dealing with correspondence as required
- Other duties as directed
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Written, oral and interpersonal and relationship management skills;
- Capacity to work quickly, work independently, meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Skills or knowledge of any or all of planning, transport, city services or treasury portfolio issues in the ACT;
- Experience or understanding of parliamentary systems, legislation, the ACT Public Service and/or the ACT political system;
- A demonstrated commitment, or willingness, to implement ACT Greens principles and policies; and
- Relevant tertiary qualifications are desirable.
This position is expected to be 2 days per week or equivalent. Hours can be flexible to meet applicants’ individual circumstances.
Remuneration is pro rata at LAMS Adviser Lever 1 (lower) to Adviser Level 1 (upper) level – pay range $64,616 to $75,714 plus relevant allowances and loadings, depending on experience.
How to apply for this job
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com, using the subject line: Policy Advisor - Caroline Le Couteur MLA application via EthicalJobs, by COB Friday 1 December 2017.
Please include a resume and a cover letter that addresses the selection criteria for the position.
Please contact Indra Esguerra on firstname.lastname@example.org or 6205 8500 for more information.